Skunk Control: Skunk Trapping & Removal
Our Skunk Removal & Control Services
Seen Pepe Le Pew? Pest EZ Pest & Wildlife Services can help! Our team is trained to relocate skunks.
- Older females bear young during early spring; younger females bear young later in the spring.
- Litters can have up to 16, but usually only 4 to 6
- The kits remain in the nest and are weaned in about two months, then they will follow the mother as she forages, generally they will stay with their mother until they are ready to mate, at about one year of age.
- The mother is very protective of her kits and will often spray at any sign of danger.
- The male plays no part in raising the young and may even kill them.
- Skunks do not hibernate, but go into a semi-dormant stage during the winter.
- They spend the winter in burrows or other underground burrow type dens.
- They eat insects and larvae, grasshoppers, beetles, and crickets. They also commonly eat earthworms, small rodents, lizards, salamanders, frogs, snakes, birds, moles, berries, roots, leaves, grasses, apples, grapes, fish, fungi, nuts, carrion, eggs of roosting chickens & ground-nesting birds, mice and rats. Cottontail rabbits, and other small mammals are taken when other food is scarce.
- In populated areas, skunks will raid garbage cans, and may sneak into a garage or basement where pet food is kept.
- Skunks will commonly “roll up” freshly laid sod or dig holes in the lawns, golf courses, and gardens in search of grubs and worms. Digging normally appears as small, 3- to 4-inch cone-shaped holes or patches of upturned earth.
- Skunks are a major predator of honeybee colonies; their thick fur will protect them from stings.
- Droppings are 1/4 to 1/2 inch in diameter and 1 to 2 inches long.
Our Approach To Skunk Removal & Control Services
Since every skunk situation is unique, we’ll come up with a custom solution for you. With over 10 years of experience relocating skunks, we’re Ann Arbor’s leading provider of skunk control services. Learn how we keep skunks (and other common critters) out of your yard. Our team is Happy to help. Learn more about our unique approach to skunk control below:
1. INSPECTION & ASSESSMENT
Thru the inspection process, we will evaluate the yard. Identifying yard marks, movement of skunks and possible boroughs.
2. TRAPPING & REMOVAL
Once our detective work is finished and we have tracked the skunk we will set and bait the traps. We will monitor and relocate trapped skunks.
3. SKunk dens
Pest EZ can provide you with long term results. Give us a call 734-394-7593 to find out how we can secure your decks, sheds and yard.
Why Choose Pest EZ
We’re passionate about helping people just like you get rid of unwanted pest problems. As such, we are proud to be the only pest & wildlife control company in Ann Arbor promising excellence in value, service, and trust.
Frequently Asked Questions
Other than spotting a skunk walking around your property there a couple other identifiers. Skunks will dig up your grass looking for food. There are usually quite a few 2-3 inch dig marks grouped in an area. If left alone they can leave your yard a mess. Another identifier would be the smell. Usually if you have a skunk in the area there will be a lingering odor that’s is unmistakable,
There are many different ideas on how to keep skunks at bay. Most of which are keeping different scents in the yard. Ammonia, moth balls, and citrus are some that people use. Relocation is the best practice with skunks.
Skunks are nocturnal, usually active from early evening through the night. They usually spend their days sleeping in dens, although during the warm months they may bed in vegetation. Dens are usually below ground but may be found in a stream or pond banks, lumber piles, decks, sheds, or beneath porches or in crawl spaces.
To get your concern under control, a proper inspection is your very first step. This allows us to design a unique program for your specific situation. So please give us a call at 734-394-7593 to schedule your skunk inspection. Our team is thoroughly trained in tracking and relocating skunks and will keep these pests where they belong: away of your business and home.
Special Discount for Military or Senior Citizen
Inspection & Assessment
Trapping & Removal
Note & Report Damaged Areas
★★★★★“Jerimia and his crew are absolutely awesome. I have done business with them for nearly a decade and have not been let down yet. I own multiple apartment buildings and feel rested assured that no matter what occurs (as far as pest control) they can and will take care of me.”
★★★★★“Highly recommend Pest-EZ. They do great work with outstanding customer service. Very timely in responding to your needs and will take the time to educate you on your situation. They honor their work and warranty! Very responsive.”
★★★★★“We had them spray for ants and mosquitoes for our graduation party and it worked out wonderful. A week later and still no ants or mosquitoes with all this rain it has been wonderful to be able to enjoy outside with no bugs or ants.”